Thursday, July 15, 2010

Worth being quiet for...

I have so much going on and I know that writing would be therapeutic, but if I were to write at this time, you may call social services, the men with the straight jacket, or declare me crazy.  SO for this time, while I collect my thoughts and gain perspepctive... I am simply going to post some pictures I have been taking and working with this past week.  I hope you enjoy them, and take a moment to enjoy.





This was taken in haste.  Bringing the camera from the cool house out into the humid air, was not a wise move.  The lens fogged up and took what seemed like and eternity to clear.

It was worth the wait because brighter Humming birds cam by ready to be photographed.



ahh, much better













4 comments:

  1. that is so not fair that you have a photography friend there! your pictures are fabulous! what setting did you use for the hummingbird pic. looks like you played with the aperture. let me know. i'd like to duplicate, only hummingbirds blow away out here...so I can try...another bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - I get all the credit here. The aperture is 5.6. Shutter speed was 1/13. I really have very little idea what I am doing. I just keep spinning the dial, take a million shots and find a few that work. I am asking for photo software for my birthday. Then I will be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FANTASTIC!!! I'm so jealous!! Those hummingbird shots are just incredible.

    I love the black and white flower shot, too. I don't think of flowers as being good in black and white but this one totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shots and had fun out there spotting with you! You know, although unintended, the "fog" effect in that first shot is really cool.

    Great pics!

    - Mark -

    ReplyDelete