Friday, March 18, 2011

Sunshine and lollipops

Today is a BEAUTIFUL day!
This morning I sent husband off to work on his motorcycle and then got ready to take on the day.  Since the weather is supposed to peek above 70, I thought capri's were in order.  I couldn't find my old faithful denim ones, so I kept digging when I found a pair that hadn't fit in 2 years.  I thought about trying them on, but then thought, "why depress myself before 7am?"  I had decided on pants, which was depressing so I threw caution to the wind and tried on the long lost capris.  The last time I tried them on (august) the buttons couldn't even see each other, forget coming together.  Today was different... they went on with ease!!!  WaHOOOOO!  Rock star moment.  Hips and butt are down a few inches, tummy is still all over, but hey - it's a start.

The girls woke up happy and content - looking forward to the Jump-a-thon at school.  I totally dropped the ball there, but the important thing is that they will still be there to jump their lil hearts out and have fun in the sun.

It had been a while since I escaped to the coffee place to relax and enjoy so after dropping the girls off I thought I would head that way.  I ordered a springy iced tea, and found a table that was free.  It wasn't my "usual" spot, but it'll do.  Just as I got set up, I realized there was no way I could focus or relax.  The amount of LOUD chitter chatter was overwhelming.  SO, I made my way outside.  The breeze is a bit much, but I am loving this sunshine.

I love spring and fall.  They both excite me.  In the fall it's a fresh start with school and new suplies and getting organized with schedules and new routines.  Spring is the anticipation of everything new.  New buds on the trees, fresh air, new flip flops and fresh toe nail color.  We shed off the stink of winter and cabin fever and press on face towards the sun soaking in all the vitamin D we can.

The In-laws are coming tomorrow and there is work to be done to prepare, but who could stay home in side with all this yummy weather!!!  I'll be sure to slip home mid day and wash the sheets and accomplish a few things before the kids get home, but then their lil booty will be outside, riding bikes and whatever else they can do before the day is through.

Spring is appropriately named, don't you think?  The weather alone puts a pep in your step and a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment