Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today I am the snake!!

Is your glass half full or is it half empty?
We are all familiar with the different perspectives that we can have about things in our lives.  Recently a friend of mine traveled to the city with friends and dented her van, got a ticket, lost a wallet, and had a child vomiting - all in one afternoon.  Many of us would just think - this day is NOT going well, and would have been completely derailed.  Not her.  She viewed those events as “hiccups”.  Really? Hiccups? 
Perspective.  
It’s all about perspective.  Well, that and whether or not you are a complete control freak like myself.  When things are going as I planned, or as I can manage - my glass is full.  When things start spinning out of control - my glass is not only empty - it’s shattered and I fall to my knees picking up shards of emotions trying to figure out which one I can use.  
Am I sad? hacked off? defeated? mad? emotionally constipated? Does that situation even matter? 
Perspective.
When your glass shatters - do you waste time on the crumbling emotions or to you simply reassess the situation? 
Depending on the situation - I believe that you should always just look where you are, and figure out what you can do from there.  I also believe that you are allowed to take a few moments and just feel stale.  Not long though, just enough to get a new set of big girl panties on and freshen up your attitude.  God created all those emotions, so the emotions are not the problem.  It’s what you choose to DO with those emotions that can be dangerous.  
My very talented friend took this picture.  Apparently her home has turned into a NatGeo reality show with mice, snakes, and frogs.  I myself would not handle things with the calmness she does.  I’d be shooting me some rodents. (yes, I’m from the country)
Not the point, but take a look at this picture.  
Glass half full or half empty?
Depends if you’re the frog or the snake

Perspective.
Yesterday I was the frog.  No matter where I hopped, someone somewhere was ready to chomp my head off.  I felt all that I could do was lay there and flail about while I was being devoured.  So, I had my day and today I am choosing to be the snake.  Taking todays frogs head on.  My kids are thrilled about this already! and no - they are not the frogs.

Who will you be today?
PS: the Snake is obviously the control freak here. He went for the head, leaving him in complete control - the frog, bless his heart, doesn’t stand a chance.

PPS: the frog was indeed injured in this battle.  the photographer was not.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture! :)

    I'm so glad you are "adjusted" and being the snake today! While I wonder sometimes why God created us to need sleep, most of the time I think he did it so each day we get to start over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of calling you, but you might bite my head off?!?! LOL, just kidding, you wouldn't do that to me, right? Well, I think I'll risk it anyways....been way too long since we chatted. Talk to you soon, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post!

    Brought a smile to my dial. Go Snakes?!!!

    ReplyDelete