Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shifting gears...

Okay, I'm over it.  There is a song I have been listening to today that I learned while with my family - it makes me laugh.  There is a part that says "BANG BANG" and I just giggle.  So I thought I should post things that make me smile.



I love this song.
I know it's long - but go ahead - hit play and listen to it while you read.
It's a good thing to say when you don't know what else to say.  Manah Manah!!
When the girls were little, they thought the guy puppet looked like their Uncle.  HA!


Husband. Who will not appreciate this picture.  We were on a date to the movies and stopped in Brooks Brothers.  There was this super snazzy jacket and he posed for me!!  How could I not take this picture!  We had just seen "From Paris with Love".  Great movie.


Spain. This was a good time. This was the bike path that we crossed to sit on the beach and bask by the Mediterranean Sea.  The girls had fun, and I had fun watching them.  I loved that I went with two great friends and their kids.  No husbands - just us gals.  One day I want to go back with just Husband.






Music.  I Love Music.  All sorts of Music.
It sets the mood.  The mood for fun, dancing, romance, silliness, exercising, driving... for everything, every moment - there is a song to be sung.  I don't know how to put a play list on here.  I know you can b/c my friends do - but I haven't dug that far.  Maybe when I tag my photos - I'll learn music!

Writing.  It is therapeutic, fun, and allows me to ramble without judgement.  Well, until someone else reads it. ;-)

I could go on about other things - but just hitting the biggies, and skipping the obvious... Kids, faith, love.... One more thing is huge...

Friends.
I don't have pictures of all of you.. but you know who you are.
Real friends, which have been described in a previous blog.  I treasure friendships.  My relationships with other women where we can encourage and lift each other up.  I love them.  I love the joy that comes from helping out a friend.  Looking for ways to encourage.  It's a small rush that I get.

Okay - down from my euphoria and back to reality - the kids want dinner.

3 comments:

  1. I totally blame you that the kids are singing that song ever since VBS. I go to sleep with it running thought my head!

    Nice jacket! He's looking quite snazzy!

    Gorgeous beach... and memories.

    I love all of this... I love thinking of things that I'm grateful for, and for things that make me laugh. I don't do it enough, and all of these... yeah. All of it. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake does a great cover of Manah Manah. I love it.
    And then to add to the Star Wars mania I know is going on at your place. Star Wars plus ManahManah equals AWESOME!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qF6yjFZbTY&feature=related
    (My plus/equal key on my keyboard is broken, how not awesome is that?!?)
    The Man can wear that jacket with some white slacks and look like a Dirty Rotten Scoundrel!

    I got your emails, I've been on a vay-cay with the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I too like that version. I am partial to the classic though. Even Sesame Street redid the original.

    The Star Wars - Manah Manah link was a hit!! How great it that!!

    Thanks for the new nick name for Husband. He loved your comment!

    Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete