Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wonderful Weekend


This weekend has been delightful.  Nice and relaxing.  D1 had a sleepover Friday night and D2 was thrilled to have us all to herself.  I think it was a bit overwhelming for her though, she was so torn with all the wonderful things she wanted to do, but our time was limited and the clock didn't slow down at all.

Saturday was nice.  We each enjoyed doing things together and separately.  For a bit D1 was designing clothes on the computer, D2 was watching a movie, husband was working on school work, and I was milling about with this and that, interrupting husband with my thoughts on the world.  Which alway intrigue him. ;-)

That afternoon we sat down to a great game of Clue.  I love this game.  My family likes it, but they don't like how competitive I am.  I can't help it, I just love these type of logic puzzle games.  D2 was really getting into the game and was Sooooo close to making her accusation when the die was 1 number shy of letting her into a room.  D1 had complained how much she didn't like the game, how bored she was, how it was sooooo hard.  She then goes into a room, and makes an accusation and was right.  Game over.  The look on D2's face was crushing.  She was working so hard to put her clues together and then her sister swept the rug from under her.  Oh well.

We played 2 games of clue and then each took some time to read, play legos, do art, or whatever we wanted.  My friend Tammy showed me this great puzzle called 100 alligators and a purse.  There are all different ones, but the one I have is 100 Mice and a Piece of Cheese.  It's a pretty fun Puzzle and has been taking up space on our dining room table since Christmas.  By the end of the day, all four of us were rather intense working on this puzzletill after 9pm.  It was the highlight of the day.  NO technology required.  Well, there was the iPod playing, but other than that.... After the girls were in bed, Husband and I continued until it was finished.  I loved that time with him.

Today we continue on.  Some are working on puzzles, reading, and creating.  The plan is to continue to relax today.  Gearing up for a very busy week ahead.  The weather outside is freezing and the house is working hard to keep us warm.  I ventured to Wal-Mart and purchased some electric blankets on clearance and so we are all snuggled and relaxing.

I just heard the TV come on and it kind of makes me sad.  Oh well.  It was bound to happen.  Besides football starts soon, and we'll all be plopped in front to the TV then anyway.  Except for D1, she's not a fan.

I loved our "unplugged" weekend.  Playing games, reading, creating, and best of all communicating.  No stress of the Monday thru Friday things that eat away at our souls.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment