Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Little things... day two

Thinking this week about the little things that make big differences...
Yes, that's right.  Schweppes.  Only in the glass bottle. The plastic bottles and cans don't taste nearly as wonderful as the small glass bottles.  The sound of the fizz when you crack open the lid, makes me warm inside.  Crazy I know.  I couldn't drink it every day.  No, never mind, I could.

Since we moved back to the states, I like to see the brands and things that we didn't have while over seas.  This is one of those things that I couldn't seem to find.  No offense, but not a Canada Dry fan.   Just last week, I rediscovered my little bottled friend.  Not with the other thousands of soft drinks.  Not with the other lesser ginger ales.  But over in the beer section of the store.  I don't care where it was - I was just happy to find it, in the glass bottle.

You see the glass bottle get colder, and keeps the drink colder.  I like the feel of the cold glass when I take a drink.  Yum.

Maybe everyone knew this - but I don't think I ever realized that Ginger Ale had actual Ginger in it!!!  That is why it is so good for your tummy when it is upset.  When I was pregnant with Daughter 1, I had a bottle of schweppes and those lil orange peanut butter crackers every morning.  Neither of my daughters like fizzy drinks, it's good but a shame.

My in-laws are the ones who introduced me to this wonderful beverage.  I can not pronounce the name correctly, and since we have spent so many years pronouncing it wrong - just to make fun of me - I still am unsure of what it is called.

Anyway - just had to share one of the little things that makes a big difference in my day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the appreciation of the little things! Sometimes that's all it takes to make a day better.

    ReplyDelete