Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beauty?

 
So, I'm not always quite sure about this move we have made.  I just don't feel settled.  People are to busy to invest themselves in other people.  Everyone is in a rush to get somewhere.  At every stop light you feel like it's a Nascar event.  HURRY....GET TO THE NEXT RED LIGHT!!! Crazy.  The traffic is insane.

After spending the last assignment over committed and  running on empty, it is a nice change to slow down and be a REAL full time mom.  I get to work in the school, be here when the girls are home, and not stress about the ins & outs of supporting military spouses.

I miss those connections.  I miss helping out the new spouse.  New to the base, new to the military, new to this bizarre culture I have come to embrace.  I am proud to be part of something so great.  I am blessed by my Air Force sisters.  Not every woman can handle it.  Even those that can have their doubts from time to time, assignment to assignment, deployment after deployment.  At the end of the day - there are other military wives who have walked in your shoes and are there to listen to you whine and remind you what an honor it all is.

I have made a friend here that is inspiring.  She is not a military wife. She grew up military - married a man who was Army - and has settled in the area.  I find her fascinating.  She has a few blogs and is a great writer.  One of the blogs that she just started was about finding the beauty in the city life.  The little things that we often pass right by in our self absorbed days.

Today as I was headed out the door to pick up my child who is being bullied at school - I walked past the azaleas noticing that they were starting to bloom.  In my bad day - a day that I was wishing for a new assignment - these flowers caught my eye.  When I got home I grabbed my camera and took about 20 pictures of these bushes.

So I thought I would share them with you.  the chosen few that I have opened this blog to.

In all the hustle & bustle - the honking of cars and the bad attitudes of 8 year olds - these flowers still bloom.  They still have purpose.  They still open themselves up to opportunities, willing to take on the day.

Hmm - so much to stop and think about.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your photos are gorgeous! You know, I seldom get any decent shots of my azaleas. I don't know why. The color, the flimsiness of them. It isn't for trying, but I don't have but a few I like. Your pics, though, are truly beautiful.

    I know what you mean about this area. It's so full of bustle, and even though it has more than it's share of military, it isn't a military environment. It's hard to find that same camaraderie you find on a post or in a foreign country. After being in such a tight-knit group, even moving around (because it's this built in group of people who KNOW), this place can be cold and impersonal and crowded and lonely.

    Maybe we have to approach this community the way we approach the photos...with a macro lens. Shut out the ugly stuff and focus in on the small, wonderful, beautiful relationships.

    Inspiring, eh? that must put a lot of pressure on that friend. :)

    ReplyDelete