Friday, November 13, 2009

Freshness

Breathe in, Breathe out....

Here it is - the freedom blog. My personal therapy. And you get to join me for the ride. 

Burlap & Lace... My husband once described me as lace with burlap edges. It stuck. It fit, so why not. Most romantics may have said "she's like a M&M, hard lil shell, but a sweet center". Not my man. I don't think he meant the burlap an insult - but re recognizes that I am a bit outspoken, but tender hearted and sometimes lack a filter between my heart and my mouth. I have gotten much better over the years. Marriage, kids, and moving all over the world every 2-3 years will do that to you. The husband's job has taught me about being a good wife and holding my tongue when necessary.

I am old fashioned in my thoughts about being a stay at home mom, being married forever - to the same person, and putting my family first. Yes, I know it's hard to believe that there are those of us who exist. Am I a perfect wife & mother? uh... no. I do have the best of intentions - but that and a nickel wont buy you a cup of coffee.

My best friend is as normal as I am. Together she and I will solve the worlds problems. We will be writing a book soon. And by soon I mean in the next 10-30 years.

Thanks for filling your time reading this blog. I love feedback. I need feedback. Verbal affirmation is a must in my life. SO please - feel free to comment on anything I may write about.

Hold on tight - I am sure it will be a bumpy ride.

1 comment: