Thursday, November 19, 2009

sigh

Thursday. Started a new work out yesterday. I like it - but that + my 5 mile brisk walk last night about did me in. Yes, I still went on my walk.  This time there was another neighbor who joined us.  She was great.  Her son is ADHD, so we had that to talk about and we seem to agree and have similar views on things.  After the walk was over at 9:45 - we stood in my front yard and chatted until almost 11!!!  It was good though, and I think I needed to have someone in this development that could hold a real conversation.  


She is not military, but has a bunch of friends who are.  She was telling me that she loved military wives because "they throw it all out there and there is no long 'getting to know you' period".  I thought "crap - did she find my blog?" but she meant it.  She keyed in on some of the grr things about living on Wisteria Lane - and I just liked her.  It was refreshing.


Today I am going to volunteer at the school.  Looking forward to that.  Then I have lunch planned with a friend that I was with in Germany.  Looking forward to that too.  


Oh - and can someone please tell me what the huge obsession is about the Twilight Series?  Face Book is screaming with Edward fans - uh - he's a vampire - not all that good looking - and I just don't understand why people are obsessed with him. One friend even went so far as to have pictures taken of her making out with a cardboard cut out of him.  Really? There must have been alcohol involved.  I understand he is cool because he drives a volvo - all volvo drivers are cool. (me) Beyond that...?  Is this like Harry Potter for grown ups?  Or not so grown ups?  Maybe because I was raised that Vampires are bad. Evil, of the devil. That I just lack the desire to obsess.  Who knows.


My friend did make a really neat cake for a "twilight" party.  That was cool.  


Okay - off to take on the day!

4 comments:

  1. One of our mutual friends went to Lux to see New Moon on Sunday. You know I called her out on it. Apparently everyone from here was there as well.

    I'm more of an Underworld vampire lover than Twilight.

    Besides, Kendra already told me everything I need to know about the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mutual friend is the one I am talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking about the blond with the big rack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We shall now call these people "twihards" or as my husband calls them "twitards"!

    ReplyDelete