Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good business - Bad business

Good business.
Went to Hour Glass to pick up prescription sunglasses.  There was a scratch on the lens.  Bummer.  They said "Take these glasses so you are not with out.  We will order new lenses and when they come in we will put them in your frames - no cost to you. Sorry about the inconvenience."

Wow - thought that was cool.  Decent of them and I am happy to do business with them.


Bad business. 
Mattress Warehouse.  Ordered an inexpensive mattress for our guest room, for the holiday. Had been told that this particular mattress was in stock - and on hand always.  Sunday - Salesman says they are out but will have some coming in Monday / Tuesday.  Perfect.  Paid for mattress.  Monday salesman calls "Mattress is here". Great!  Monday evening Husband goes to the store and the guy gets nervous - he gave our mattress to someone else. HUH!?!?!?!  None of the other stores has the mattress in stock. Wait - the Manassas store 1 hour away does.  HUSBAND says good and makes arrangements to go THERE and pick it up.  HUH?  Driving 1 mile up the road with a mattress on the top of the car is no biggie.  Driving on the highway for an hour with a mattress on the car - biggie!  This guy screwed up and for his mistake the solution is that we drive further?  I wouldn't mind driving if maybe he refunded some $$ for my trouble. Or how about YOU get that mattress here?

Husband said since I wasn't there to be the "bad cop" that he felt bad for the guy - that he was super stressing and calling all over saying he had made the mistake, blah blah blah - I guess I don't care how embarrassed he is.  He did make a mistake.  Why do I hold on to a receipt?  Maybe today I'll sop in there and see if there are any mattresses waiting for pick up and just take that one!  Most importantly- my biggest complaint is that somehow in the midst of all this - I ended up being the bad guy.

I asked husband "did you ask about..." and tells me to call... I did, but the store was closed.  So I couldn't win.  Our nice evening last night turned into crap.

Today's chore - Bake a million cookies, Pumpkin loaves, clean house, and find a friggin mattress.

Motivation & excitement for the week - missing.

1 comment:

  1. Good customer service class taught by Jen!!! :) Seriously, they should have delivered the mattress for free and apologized over and over for the mistake. Next time you should shop with your friendly Sears Hometown Store and you wouldn't have these problems!!! :)

    ReplyDelete