Monday, November 23, 2009

Happiness is.... Randomness....

Happiness is... having a large, caring, close nit family, that lives in another city.

Yep. That's happy.

My dad just remarried. Lucky lady #4.

I just could not even imagine getting married a 4th time.  WHY?? Is the tax break that great?  I just wonder what goes through peoples minds some times.  Once is enough for me and heaven forbid - if anything happened to Mark, I just don't have the energy to do it all over again.  Well, maybe if Mike Rowe was free and paid off all my debt.... nah - never mind.

The family went Christmas tree shopping this weekend.  WOW - what an adventure that was.  Our children were seriously out of control and in need of a good ol fashion spanking.  While we try to decide which tree has the most realistic needles, most lights, brightest lights, and doesn't cost a small fortune.  We went to Lowes - mainly b/c they had a sale and they support the troops with 10% discount!  HOURS later we escaped with a tree we could live with and better - we could live with the cost.  What a racket.

Turkey day is among us - I love Turkey day.  It's the last time everyone is feeling all euphoric before they turn psycho and dive into the madness of the commercialized Christmas.  Black friday should be outlawed.  I am waiting on a pair of prescription sunglasses and they are due in on friday.  Uh - really? Any other day PLEASE?!??!  I asked if they could be done early - she said possibly - but I think that was to shut me up and not have me freak out on her.

Black friday.  My mom LIVES for this day.  She is one of those nuts in the walmart parking lot at 2am - ready and waiting to buy NOTHING - because she "just didn't see anything".  Um - unless it is free - I can't see any reason to participate.  Even then I would really have to want it and be guaranteed that it would be there for me.  I did want to have most of my shopping out of the way before this dreaded day.  But oh well - we will manage.

SO - I am all ready to get ready for turkey day.  I did overcommit a little to the school.  I am making pumpkin shaped cookies for the class parties and I bought loaf pans to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins for the teachers.  Crap - I forgot to get cellophane today!  Drat!

Headed to the mall tonight to buy PJ's for my daughter to wear to her PJ party at school.  She has PJ's, just none that I feel comfortable with her wearing to school.  Just isn't right seeing her belly button through her shirt.

Wish that the girls had the whole week off of school this week.  Instead, they have an early dismissal on wednesday.  They get out at 11:30.  Since they are required to serve lunch and M1's class is the first class to get lunch - she will be having lunch at 9:10am.  Yep, that's right - 1 hour and 10 minutes after she arrives at school - she has lunch.

Well - husband should be home soon and then off to the Mall we go.  I am certain that we can all eat & shop and be without any drama all evening.  Right?

1 comment:

  1. I seriously debated going sans tree this year. But Kendra talked me out of it. She says it would not be fair to the mini-me. So I guess we have to get a tree now.

    ReplyDelete